COSSin Openmind-konferenssiin 28.9. on tarjolla rajallinen määrä maksuttomia paikkoja avoimen lähdekoodin kehittäjille. Lisäksi Openmind kaipaa muutamia vapaaehtoisia työntekijöitä tekemään Openmindista onnistuneen tilaisuuden. Haku on päällä ke 21.9. saakka.
COSS, the Finnish Centre for Open Source Solutions, is organising the 8th Openmind conference in association with the MindTrek conference. Openmind is an open forum for about 200 open source professionals, community members and academics. It will be held on MindTrek’s Partner Sessions day on Wednesday September 28th in Scandic Hotel Rosendahl, Tampere, Finland. See more: http://openmind.fi
Openmind needs volunteers (a few) to help offering our guests the best possible experience. We also have a limited number (ten or so) of free seats for community/student participants. Normal price is 175,00 EUR.
Student/community participant requirements:
- You are active in free software communities
- Your employer isn’t paying your attendance fee
- You’re willing to help making Openmind a great event
- You’re available 28.9. and able to attend our volunteer meeting during September (probably on Monday, Sep 26th)
- You’re able to communicate in English
Some tasks that we have for volunteers:
- Preparing material to be given to participants (programme sheet etc.)
- Assisting in the registration and information desk
- Helping speakers in using laptops, beamers and microphones
- Delivering mic to audience with questions and perform other similar assistive tasks
- Video recording the talks
- Preparing the party venue and helping in the party
- When you’re not assisting speakers, you can give a hand in various small tasks during the conference
What we offer:
- While assisting the speakers, you’re quite able to follow their presentation.
- All the food and coffee/tea as everyone else, most likely a lunch in the hotel restaurant and two snacks per day
- Entrance to the Openmind Networking Party
- MindTrek t-shirt
How to apply:
Send e-mail to email@example.com with subject ”Openmind volunteer/student participation”.
Include your contact details (name, employer, e-mail, phone) and tell
a) Volunteers: a bit about what tasks you’d be able and willing to take care of and do you have special skills in e.g. graphical design.
b) Students: a bit about your activities in the free software communities